|Established February 4, 2009 as a Nonprofit Association.
Develop and promote the Paco-Vicuña breed by focusing on vicuña characteristics, vigor, and fiber fineness while maintaining the gentle manner and fiber growth rate of the alpaca.
- The Association owns and manage the Paco-Vicuña Registry.
- Animals will be classified upon registration. Six classifications are defined – Premier Plus, Premier, Classic Plus, Classic, Standard Plus, and Standard.
- All animals registered will be DNA tested and micro chipped.
- The Paco-Vicuña Association Web Site will be used as a hub or central site for all Paco-Vicuña Association information, member resources, and general education.
- Focus on a unified marketing strategy. Each member will be able to use the association logo according to specified guidelines.
- Governed by a five member Board of Directors.
Board of Directors:
Don Smith - President
Phil Switzer - Executive Vice President
Jane Levene - Vice President
Amber Martin - Secretary
Nicky Elves - Treasurer